Mission and Focus
The mission of Florida’s Transition Project: Provide training and technical assistance for interagency community-based teams to develop a comprehensive system of transition for families of young children, birth to kindergarten.
The project offers technical assistance in the following areas, and others:
- Leadership in developing community wide transition systems, building community partnerships
- Developing comprehensive interagency agreements
- Beyond the Inter-agency Agreement assistance in resolving wider community issues that impact transition of children at age three and at kindergarten
- Information and resources – written and web-based
- Conflict resolution for interagency partners
Florida’s Transition Project works with interagency partners through the Interagency Agreement development process and the TATS Regional meeting framework to address and provide technical assistance related to transitions for children birth to kindergarten.
Florida’s Transition Project expanded its focus to include the transition to kindergarten, since children who are participating in Part C and Part B are impacting the system of elementary education when they enter kindergarten. Tools to help communities build their systems in regard to transition to kindergarten have been developed and will continue to be modified to meet changing needs.