The links below provide information about transitions for children receiving services through Part C Early Steps at age three and from SCHOOL district Part B or community services into kindergarten.
- Transition Part C to B (English, PDF)
- Transition to Kindergarten (English, PDF)
- Transition to Kindergarten Part 2 (English, PDF)
This tip sheet provides suggestions to help parents, teachers and administrators prepare children for transition into kindergarten.
- Tip Sheet for Transition to Kindergarten (English, PDF)
All Aboard the Transition Train: Top Ten Ways to Support Transition for Young Children with Disabilities
- Top Ten Ways to Support Transition for Young Children (English, PDF)
- Family Transition Checklist (English, PDF)
This slide show provides an overview of a systematic approach to early childhood transitions.The target audience is staff working with families who have young children transitioning from one educational setting or service provider to another.
The information provided applies to early childhood transitions in general, but also includes specific information pertaining to the transition from Early Steps (Part C) to School Districts (Part B) or other community services. It includes valuable resources to help families and staff through transition processes.
Transition Road Map (PDF)
Developing Inter-agency Agreements
A guide to help community teams develop collaborative procedures for transition.
- Navigating Transition – Inter-agency Agreements (English, PDF)
Checklist for Annual Monitoring and Evaluation of Completed Inter-agency Agreements
The items in this checklist represent components of the inter-agency agreement that your team should discuss at least annually, at one of the periodic mee5tings you have scheduled after the implementation of the agreement. Partners should bring to the meeting the data that is outlined in your inter-agency agreement, relevant to the Part C to Part B transition for children younger than 3 years of age, and any other information for the agreement in general.
Guidebook to Build Better Community-Wide Transition Systems
This booklet was developed by Florida’s Transition Project to assist collaborative, interagency community teams to make decisions regarding transition policies and procedures for infants, young children, and their families. The resulting policies and procedures are the basis for a comprehensive, community-wide transition system.
- The Guidebook (English, PDF)
- Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Center for Parent Information and Resources
- Clearinghouse Information Center
- CMS/Early Intervention Program – FL Department of Health
- DCF Child Care Information
- ECTA Center – The Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center
- Florida Association on Children Under Six (FLAEYC)
- Florida Department of Education
- (FDLRS) Florida Diagnostic and Learning Resources System
- Florida Maternal Infant & Early Childhood Home Visiting Initiative
- Florida Office of Early Learning
- Kids Health
- Learn the Signs. Act Early. – DHHS Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Technical Assistance and Training System (TATS)
- Vision & Learning – A resource for Parents and Educators
- Welcome to the World: An Overview of Your Growing Child